WordPress Meetup Groups in Atlanta
We have several WordPress Meetups, held all over the Metro-Atlanta area. These Meetups feature specific topics geared to the various levels ranging from beginners through developers.The Meetups are a good way to learn more about WordPress and how to use it, whatever your level is. If you have some degree of proficiency, WordPress Meetups are a great way to share your WordPress knowledge with others by getting involved and speaking. A good number of our WordCamp speakers are drawn from speakers from our local Meetups.
Sign up at Meetup.org and search for WordPress Atlanta where you can find and join our various local WordPress Meetup Groups. You will then receive e-mails announcing the groups and their monthly topics. You can come to one or all. We have included a list with links to some of them below.
Rather than just waiting for our yearly WordCamp event, we encourage you to check the topics and get to the Meetups if you are interested in getting involved with WordPress and WordCamps. We are a very diverse group in every way and would love to have you get involved.
Local WordPress Meetups:
- ATLANTA – Atlanta WordPress Users Group
This group is the oldest and largest Atlanta WordPress Meetup. It is usually held in the evening, on the 4th Wednesday of each month, in Inman Park near Downtown, Atlanta. We have one or two presentations depending on the degree of complexity of the topic. The presentations are designed for beginners and/or intermediates to learn to build, customize,and maintain WordPress websites. We will also cover plugins as well as how to address business uses such as ecommerce, membership sites and supporting multiple languages. Bring your questions about your WordPress project. We include time for refreshments, networking and trouble shooting.
- ALPHARETTA – Atlanta WordPress, SEO, and Web Design
This groups convenes normally on the Second Tuesday of every month. If you are starting a business or need help promoting an existing business, this is the meetup to be in. By attending our meetup, you will learn the following:
• Create, design and publish a WordPress site
• Plugins, Themes and Widgets
• Website tweaks and best practices
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Small Business Web Tools
• Google Services, Adwords, Adsense and Google Places
• Online Marketing
- GWINNETT – WordPress Gwinnett
We meet every 3rd Thursday of the month at 7PM.
• plugin development
• professional development workflow
• performance and scaling
• custom CMS solutions
• industry-specific solutions e.g. NPOs
• following and contributing to core
• WordPress business models
• WordPress current events
- MARIETTA – Atlanta WordPress Hands on Learning Group
We meet monthly on the 2nd Wednesday in the evening to learn from each other, troubleshoot problems, and kick around a topic or two. This is a hands-on working group, not a lecture.
• Don’t have a WordPress site yet? We’ll help you get one up and running before you leave.
• Don’t know what you don’t know? Not sure what questions to ask? Tell us what you want to do and we’ll guide you.
• Struggling to get something to work? We’ll help you stop wasting hours and pulling your hair out in frustration.
- MARIETTA – All Things WordPress—N. Atlanta
A monthly daytime Meetup, typically held on the third Thursday of each month, discussing the intersection of WordPress and social media. We’ll spend 20-30 minutes presenting the latest topic and giving you hands-on ideas to incorporate, and the rest of the time will be spent working with each other on the daily topic or any other WordPress or social media issue that you might have.
- SOUTH ATLANTA WORDPRESS USERS MEETUP GROUP Lisa Richardson’s group